Department: Plant Health Care
Farmside’s PHC Technician is responsible for providing top quality horticultural care for the company’s clients while achieving their production goals.
This position of the team does the production work under the leadership of the Plant Health Care Manager. This team member is expected to have knowledge of native trees and shrubs, willingness to get the job done and a learning attitude. Responsibilities include spraying horticultural oils & insecticides, doing deep root fertilization applications and other systemic injections and related tree/shrub treatments.
Key Responsibilities & Performance Deliverables:
- Prepare the truck with equipment and materials in the morning.
- Perform the Farmside Experience of delivering top-quality professional work on all jobs.
- Own your jobsite including gates are closed, no spray zones, any client needs are documented
- Spraying horticultural oils & insecticides, doing deep root fertilization applications and other systemic injections and related tree/shrub treatments
- Identifying any potential systemic, fungal or insect damage to the departmental manager
- Perform quality work with no call backs.
- Perform assigned production within budgeted labor hours.
- Complete electronic reporting, paperwork, notes and forms accurately daily.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment, including the work site, trucks, shop, and equipment.
- Communicate with clients and their (neighbors) regularly regarding any potential issues.
- Actively participate in team meetings.
- Complete all duties safely with no accidents.
- Report any accidents and/or near misses as per Farmside Safety Policy.
- Perform other types of work during off-peak seasons, i.e. snow events.
- Unload the truck, equipment and materials at night.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Valid driver’s license, no points.
- Landscape Industry Certified Technician preferred but not required
- Pesticide Operators License required – as soon as practical
- Pesticide License preferred but not required
- Knowledge of Pesticide Safety and Handling
- Basic knowledge of Tree and Shrub ID
- Degree in horticulture, landscape management preferred but not required.
- 1 year practical industry experience preferred.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in varying outdoor weather conditions.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Good communication skills