Lawn Maintenance Department
Farmside’s crew leader is responsible for providing top quality lawn maintenance for the company’s clients while achieving their production goals.
This mid-level position does the production work under the leadership of the Production Manager of the Lawn Maintenance Department. This team member is expected to have general to expert knowledge of mower operation, pruning and general site management. This person needs to exhibit a passion for quality, good leadership and great communication skills. Responsibilities include driving, mowing, trimming, weed control, pruning and other various maintenance tasks. The crew lead is responsible for communication of any issues on site with the production manager.
Key Responsibilities & Performance Deliverables:
- Perform the Farmside Experience of delivering top-quality professional work on all jobs.
- Owning your properties- making sure gates are closed, client needs are addressed and the site is clean
- Perform quality work with no call backs.
- Perform assigned production within budgeted labor hours.
- Complete electronic reporting, paperwork, notes and forms accurately daily.
- Prepare the truck with equipment and materials in the morning.
- Unload the truck, equipment and materials at night.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment, including the work site, trucks, shop, and equipment.
- Train crew members as necessary to ensure quality work is done
- Actively participate in team meetings.
- Complete all duties safely with no accidents.
- Ensure crews safety in the workplace
- Report any accidents and/or near misses as per Farmside safety policy.
- Perform other types of work during off-peak seasons, i.e. snow events.
- Grow your skills and knowledge of the company and the industry.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Valid driver’s license, no points.
- Landscape Industry Certified Technician preferred but not required
- Degree in landscape management/ horticulture preferred but not required.
- Expert knowledge in mower, trimming, blower and pruning operation
- Good communication skills
- 1 year practical industry experience preferred.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in varying outdoor weather conditions.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Clear knowledge of the Farmside Experience.